Students can “join” FOSAL at any point, however, it is STRONGLY recommended that students participate in the FOSAL Retreat, which takes place in January. Applications are due on December 2nd, 2016 at 5:00 p.m. The application consist of the information sheet below.
What we look for in FOSAL applicants:
- A personal desire for growth in the areas of leadership, ethical decision making, communication, and teamwork
- A commitment to fully participate in all mandatory activities, including the FOSAL Retreat and at least SIX additional FOSAL activities that will be offered during the 11-month timespan (January to November)
- Students who are open to learning new things about themselves and others
- Students who have a passion for learning and will challenge themselves to grow
- Students seeking the best career path that fits with their strengths
FOSAL Retreat Details
- Location: Straughn IFAS Extension Professional Development Center
- The Retreat will be Friday, January 20 (start at 1 p.m.) – Saturday, January 21 (end at 6 p.m.). Ideally, students will not miss class; however, letters of participation will be given for students to provide to their instructors.
- All meals and materials will be provided at no cost.
For questions or concerns, please contact Joanne Rodriguez, JoanneR@ufsa.ufl.edu.