Current Machen Florida Opportunity Scholars are incredibly grateful of the opportunity to be a Gator. FOS alumni also attribute much of their success to the support FOS gave them during their time here.
Here are 10 ways you can give back to MFOS today.
- Tweet a message to @FOSatUF and use the #thxMFOS hashtag. Tell us what MFOS means to you, your family, your community, or your future.
- Visit your high school while you’re home during a break and talk about MFOS and about your experience at UF.
- Apply to be a peer mentor for new MFOS students. Applications are out every February. Click here to learn more.
- Share your successes with us. Whether you’ve landed a fabulous internship, had a presentation proposal selected for a national conference, won an outstanding award, or cured cancer, tell us about it so we can tell others!
- Share an opportunity with other students that you have benefited from. This can be an internship, scholarship, research, or award.
- Proudly wear your MFOS t-shirt on campus and your MFOS alumni pin at graduation!
- When you’re a UF Alum, join your local Gator Club and talk with other alumni about what the MFOS program means to you (side note: many Gator Clubs contribute to MFOS!).
- Alumni – join our LinkedIN group and keep your profile updated. Current scholars are also in the group and they may contact you for job advice.
- Give a dollar (or $10, or $100) to FOS today. We only encourage alumni to financially support the program. Current scholars – save your money so you can give later!
- This should probably be #1 but --- Do well in your classes and graduate in four years. MFOS is successful because YOU are successful. Help contribute to that success by making school your #1 priority.